Book in Review: The Other Way Around by Sashi Kaufman

3:27 PM



Title: The Other Way Around
Author: Sashi Kaufman 
Format: ARC
Paperback: 288 pages
Publisher: Lerner/Carolrhoda Lab
Rating: 4/5 

Almost everyone around Andrew West has their own impression about him. It's either he's goth, gay or emo. You might think that a boy studying in an all girls school, where his mom is the headmaster, is ultimately popular and has lots of friends, but Andrew is the complete opposite. When Andrew experiences an awful thanksgiving, he decides to just run away from home and maybe visit his grandmother's house. Instead of going to his grandmother, he catches a ride with a bunch of older teenagers, who apparently are Freegans. He follows them as they go to different places, eat food from dumpsters and his adventure goes on.


Honestly, it took me a long time to read this book. At first, the book didn't catch my attention even when I read the synopsis of the plot, but while I was reading the book I found myself slowly liking it. First of all, the writing style was easy to understand and thrilling at the same time. The pace was just right, and the author truly knows when to prolong an event. For me, Andrew was a good character but his love interest did not appeal to me. Out of all the characters, Emily was the one I didn't like so much. The plot wasn't that unique, but it wasn't that cliche either. When I reached half way through the book, I seriously loved it. 

There was nothing really special about this book, everything was average. I didn't really know why I gave this book a 4-star rating. It seems like it didn't deserve any higher or any lower. To summarize the whole book in one sentence, it would probably be I enjoyed it. 

That was basically the selling point for me. Any book that I enjoy is good for me because I don't want to force myself to read a book that I don't enjoy. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi guys! Thank you for stopping by our blog. We really appreciate it if you've taken the time to leave a comment. Though it will take some time, we will do our best to reply to each one of you. :)

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Stalk Us

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Kimi has read 3 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide