Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books On My Spring 2014 TBR List

10:59 PM

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. 

This week's topic is the top ten books on our spring TBR list. We definitely have more than 10 books on our TBR list so we decided to put only those that we are most excited to read. 





1. Buzz Kill by Beth Fantaskey


Buzz Kill

I'm very excited to read this since I've heard in the synopsis that this is kind of a murder-mystery. I haven't read one of those in a while. Lately, all I've read are books in the YA Contemporary genre. Buzz Kill has a very interesting premise and I do hope I'll like it.

2. Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira


Love Letters to the Dead

I am actually reading this book right now but I am also reading a lot of other books so I doubt that I'll be finishing this book any time soon. I've always been a sucker for books that aren't written in the typical style. I heard that this story is written letter style so I immediately put this on my TBR list.


3.  How They Met and Other Stories by David Levithan



How They Met, and Other Stories

I actually planned on starting this a very long time ago. Like when-dinosaurs-still-existed time. Now, I've decided to finally read it. I've always been a fan of David Levithan and so far, I've liked all his works. I have high expectations for this book and I do hope I like it.

4. Where'd You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple



Where'd You Go, Bernadette

As soon as I saw the cover of this book (Kimi owns a copy), I knew that I had to read it. That's probably a very shallow reason to read a book but let's face it, all of us judge books by their covers. Anyway, I really liked the cover and when I read the synopsis on Goodreads, I wanted to read it even more.


5. Summer on the Short Bus by Bethany Crandell

Summer on the Short Bus

I actually liked the synopsis of the book and am very excited to read it. And the cover is just so cute. I don't really know what to expect but I have a gut feeling that this book is the right one for me!

6. The Summer I Found You by Jolene Perry  

The Summer I Found You
Again, the cover. I haven't read any of Jolene's books but this seems like an amazing one. The story seems a bit sad but also hopeful, in a way. I don't usually read sad books but I think I'll like this one.

7. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2)
Since I loved Anna and the French Kiss, I wanna read Lola and the Boy Next Door, the second installment. Stephanie Perkins is one of my go-to authors so any book she writes, I'll most probably read.


8. This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales


15777621

Have I ever told you guys how much I LOVE music? I can't go a day without listening to music. When I heard of this book, the title literally spoke to me because it is true how music can save lives. I am so excited to read this, and I plan to read this while listening to a playlist! <3

9.  The Princess Bride by William Goldman


21787
I have a copy of this sitting on my shelf for two years now and I honestly do not know why I haven't read it yet. My sister has been recommending this to me for years, and I really should get to reading it. I've heard that it's such a sweet and enchanting story, and I'm really looking forward to finally reading it!

10. Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg


17228280
I love friendship stories! I'm kind of sick of love stories now, and this sounds like something different. I'm quite interested to see how this will show the relationship between a boy and a girl who are just friends.

What's your Top Ten Tuesday? What did you think about ours? Leave a comment!

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I can't wait to read Love Letters to the Dead. Emma Watson just tweeted that she loved it and that's all that I need to know that it's probably freaking amazing. I've read quite a few of the books on your list and I like them and you have such good reading in your futures :)

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these either! And all of them I have been eyeing for a while now. Great list! :D

    My TTT

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Princess Bride is on my "to read" list as well. I've heard so many good things about it too.. I just need to get around to reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually have to read Love Letter to the Dead as well. I requested it back in November and totally forgot about it lol Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOoh very nice! Other than The Princess Bride, these are all new to me! Took me a few years until I eventually read The Princess Bride, just a few years before it was required of me in a class, I believe! Grew up watching the movie and had to wait until I was "old enough" to read the book! Loved it, but since I grew up with the movie, I think that one remains my fave over the book. One of two very, very rare instances!

    The other one was Jaws, in case you were wondering! Heehee!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower, hi! I really need to read Love Letters To The Dead, it sounds really good! I enjoyed Lola and the Boy Next Door but didn't feel it was as good as Anna and the French Kiss, which was a hard act to follow to be fair.

    ★ Under The Mountain's TTT ★

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lola was great I love Stephanie Perkins and I just picked up a copy of Better Off Friennds. Great list!

    My Top Ten Tuesday - Spring 2014 TBR

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lola and The Boy Next Door seems so awesome! I've been dying to read it, too! Great haul, girls :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so many of yours I have on my list as well! Great picks! Love Letters to the Dead is probably the one on both our lists I'm most excited about.

    Kristalyn @ The Sarcastic Palmtree
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't yet read The Princess Bride, either, but I grew up obsessed with the movie. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to read Love Letters to the Dead too :) Great list and happy reading!

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lola and the Boy Next Door is SO STINKING CUTE. I've read it a couple of times now and I squee almost non-stop every time.

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thank you for stopping by our blog. We really appreciate it if you've taken the time to leave a comment. Though it will take some time, we will do our best to reply to each one of you. :)

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Stalk Us

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Kimi has read 3 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide