Book in Review: Waiting for the Storm by Marie Landry

11:43 PM




Title: Waiting for the Storm
Author: Marie Landry
Publisher: Self- published
Published: April 9, 2013 
Paperback: 204 pages
Rating: 5/5

 It is really hard for me to express how much I love this book. To be creative and also for a change I will list down an A-Z list of adjectives that best describe this book, and beside it, I will be writing a brief explanation of why I think the book is to be described as such.

A-mazing - I guess this is pretty much self-explanatory, very few books could achieve such an amazing content. Since I gave this book a 5-star rating, it seems like it's speaking by itself. "Read me, you'll be amazed."
 
B-eautiful - When I finished reading this book, all I can think about is how beautiful it is. This is actually the first word that came to my mind when I hit the last word.

C-aptivating - This book did not get me hooked when I started reading it, but when I finished reading it I was attached and captivated with such a beautiful story.

D-imensional - I felt that I was inside the book and watching everyone and everything from a near distance. There were just a few characters in the story, but all of them felt real.

E-motional - There were really times when I got teary-eyed by reading this. To be honest, that is very rare for me since I don't cry a lot when I read books or watch movies. This book just makes me emotional.

F-lawless - Again it is very unusual that there is nothing wrong with a book, but I promise this book was flawless for me. From the title to acknowledgements, I can't find anything wrong.

G-enuine -  I have read some books where I feel that relationships move too fast, and you won't feel how genuine the two character's love for each other is. In this book, Ezra and Charlotte did not rush into anything. They just enjoyed themselves.

H-eartfelt -  The story went right into my heart!

I-maginative - Marie created a book that was a bit cliche but you can definitely see the creativity in Waiting for the Storm. Maybe it was her writing style that I liked, it was written in Charlotte's POV, and  I can feel the depth of the words while I was reading it.

J-oy - Even though, I was very emotional  while reading this book, it gave me joy and made me smile as if I was the one in the happy ending.

K-iller - The book is a killer! It is incredibly powerful, and it will really stick to you. Might not be on the very beginning, but it slowly clings to you.

L-ove - Just as I said in Genuine, both Ezra and Charlotte did not rush into things. They waited for the perfect time when they were absolutely sure that they do not just like each other but love each other.

M-oving - I love stories like this when both main characters aren't perfect. They might look gorgeous on the outside, but on the inside they are full of sadness and their lives aren't perfect. They were able to work it all out because they were both able to easily relate their feelings. That is what made this book moving.

N-oteworthy - There is so much wisdom in every page Marie made, and I believe that this is her talent she needs to continue.

O-ne - This book was the first book I've read of Marie's and I would definitely read more of her works.

P-erfect - Since I said that the book is flawless, then that means it's perfect!

Q-uotable - There were so many lines from the book that I wanted to grab and quote, but here's some that I really love:
"What a cool name. Where'd you get it?"
"I've always had it."

"If this is a break-up speech, stop right there. I know you have to leave next week,  but I told you we'd  find a way. I'm not letting you-"
 
R-are - Waiting for the Storm contains a very rare love story and rare situations to put characters in. This is one of the main reasons why I love and enjoyed this book.

S-ad - The first word that came to my mind after reading this book was beautiful, but it was a sad kind of beautiful. The good thing is I was contented with how the book ended. The ending have worked out, and everyone was happy. They all know that there is a lot more in store for them.

T-ouching - If I could summarize the whole book in one word, it would be 'touching'.

U-nforgettable - I don't think I will ever forget this book.

V-ivid - Everything that happened was clear and made perfect sense. There was never a part where I doubted something.

W-orthy - There were totally no regrets reading this book. It was totally worth it. Who wouldn't want to read a story that is very inspirational and will break your heart but will soon leave a smile on your face. That is what literally happened to me.

X-enodochial - I looked up the meaning of this word and it's definition is 'friendly to strangers'. I would definitely recommend this book to all those who just started giving YA a try. This book can make you love YA, and definitely love reading more books.

Y-oung - The book started off with Charlotte's mother death, and basically her family is falling apart. On the other hand, Ezra is a boy who is full of secrets. Both of them have a lot of similarities and as their relationship grow, it's not just a young puppy love but something a lot more.

Z-esty - Since I can't think of any more adjectives starting with Z. I thought of one that partly describes the book. The book isn't lively, but it's very pleasing.

That's it! Those are 26 adjectives that I think best describes the book and what I feel about it. 

OOOOH, and by the way thanks again for the awesome swag Marie!


Have you read Waiting for the Storm? What do you think? Leave a comment!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi guys! Thank you for stopping by our blog. We really appreciate it if you've taken the time to leave a comment. Though it will take some time, we will do our best to reply to each one of you. :)

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Stalk Us

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Kimi has read 3 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide