Book in Review: Eve Brenner: Zombie Girl (The Zombie Girl Saga #1)

4:18 PM






Title: Eve Brenner: Zombie Girl (The Zombie Girl Saga #1)
Author: A. Giacomi
Publisher: Permuted Press
Publication Date: January 25, 2015
Pages: 277 pages

Summary (via Goodreads)
Eve used to be an ordinary girl, from an ordinary town, with ordinary dreams, but her dreams rapidly turn into nightmares when one grave mistake leaves her a little less than human and a lot less average. 

Eve’s not quite the same girl she used to be. She desperately clings to her humanity as new desires, new abilities, and new urges take over with each passing day. 

Eve Brenner: Zombie Girl is a tale that takes you on an emotional and terrifying journey as Eve struggles to cope with her new life and find a cure for her strange illness before time runs out. She desperately clings to her humanity as she tries to control the monster she knows is lurking inside her. 

Turns out living was the easy part. 

One of my 2015 blog resolutions is to read a book from a different genre. I usually read YA Contemporary, so this book was definitely an eye opener. Plus, I actually enjoyed it.

This book is told in multiple POVs which really helped me understand it better. I could see how Eve is trying her best to really fit in and act normal despite her difference. I really liked it especially because it keeps me entertained and it never failed to keep me anticipating  through out all the events. Those aspects are really important for me since it's hard to finish a book if you don't even care about the story line.

I think this is more of a fantasy with some horror elements mixed into it. A. Giacomi was able to make a story that is realistic even with a plot like this. Her story about the origin of the Azrael Virus was really creative and unique. All in all, the book is cleverly written.

There were only two things that I particularly think could be better, first was the ending, I was hoping for something more original and less predictable. Everything in the book was fast paced in a good way except for the ending. Next are the details. I felt that the totality of the book made sense, but whenever something is described, it's as if I am left hanging and wanting to know a bit more. It was very straight forward, and that left no room for any building ups.

All in all, I enjoyed reading this book. It didn't disappoint. If you are like me who wants to try reading different book genres then this book can be for you! 





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi guys! Thank you for stopping by our blog. We really appreciate it if you've taken the time to leave a comment. Though it will take some time, we will do our best to reply to each one of you. :)

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Stalk Us

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Kimi has read 3 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide